RECIPE: Sweet potato WRAPS
Sweet Potato WRAPS
There are times that I really crave a good, healthy, nutritious wrap. But I don't want to compromise my clean diet with store-bought wraps, so I figured - what better than preparing them at home!
Here's the recipe, hope you make it and most of all - I hope you like it!
1 cup steamed and mashed sweet potato
1 cup wholegrain flour (+ more for rolling out and dusting)
1) Steam the sweet potato until ready (you will know it's ready after 25-30' when you pinch it with a fork and it's soft). The reason we are steaming it and not boiling it instead is that we do not want to end up with too watery mashed potato.
2) Peel the skin off and mash well with a fork while still hot.
3) Add 1 cup of flour and mix until a soft dough is formed. The dough will be quite sticky so dust your working surface with more flour.
4) Roll out gently and transfer in a preheated pan.
5) Cook a few minutes on both sides, then transfer in a container lined with a clean kitchen cloth and cover to keep the wraps soft.